– Type: 36 x 24 mm CMOS.
– Effective Pixels: Approximately 20.1 M.
– Total Pixels: Approximately 21.4 M.
– Aspect Ratio: 3:2.
– Low-Pass Filter: Built-in/Fixed with Self Cleaning Sensor Unit.
– Colour Filter Type: Primary Colour.
– Image Processor: DIGIC X.
– Lens Mount: EF (excludes EF-S/EF-M lenses).
– Focal Length: 1.x Multiplication with EF lens fitted.
– Type: TTL secondary image-forming phase-difference detection using AF-dedicated sensor.
– Auto Focus System / Points: 191 Point f/4 cross-type AF points inc 1 dual cross type at f/2.8 1 – The number of cross-type AF points will differ depending on the lens.
– Auto Focus working range: EV -4 to 21 (at 20°C & ISO 100).
– Auto Focus Modes:One Shot / AI Focus.
– Auto Focus Lock: Locked when shutter button is pressed half way or AF ON is pressed in One Shot AF mode.
– Manual Focus: Selected on lens.
– Metering modes: 400,000-pixel RGB IR metering sensor, 384-zone metering – Evaluative metering (linked to All AF point) – Partial metering (approx. 6.2% of viewfinder at centre) – Spot metering: Center spot metering (approx. 1.5% viewfinder at centre) – AF point-linked spot metering – Multi-spot metering – Centre weighted average metering.
– Metering Range : EV 0-20 (at 23°C with 50 mm f1.4 lens ISO 100) EV -3-20 in Live and movie.
– AE Lock: Auto: Operates in 1-shot AF mode with evaluative metering when focus is achieved- Manual: By AE lock button in all exposure modes.
– Exposure Compensation: /-5 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments (can be combined with AEB).
– AEB: 2, 3, 5 or 7 Shots /-3 EV 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments.
– Anti-flicker shooting: Yes.
– ISO Speed Equivalent: Stills: 100-102400 (in 1/3-stop increments) ISO can be expanded to L: 50 or H1: 204800, H2: 409600, H3: 819200 (selected in Custom Function).
– Type: Vertical-travel mechanical focal-plane shutter, electronically controlled at all speeds/Sensor Electronic shutter.
– Speed: 30 – 1/8000 sec. (1/3 stop increments), Bulb.
– Shutter Release: Soft touch electromagnetic release.
– Viewfinder: Pentaprism.
– Magnification: 0.76x 2.
– Eyepoint: 20 mm.
– Dioptre Correction: -3 to 1 dpt.
– Focusing Screen: fixed.
– Mirror: Quick-return all surface half mirror.
– AF information: Single/Spot AF points, AF Frame, AF status, Focus indicator, AF mode, AF point selection, AF point registration.
– Depth of field preview: Yes.
– Eyepiece shutter: Built in.
– Monitor: 8.01 cm TFT, approximately 2.1 million dots.
– Coating: Anti-reflection and Solid Structure.
– Brightness: Auto: Using external ambient light sensor. – Manual: Adjustable to one of seven levels. – 4 color tone Adjustable settings.
– Display Options: Quick control Screen, Camera settings, Dual Axis Electronic Level and Custom Quick control screen.
– Modes: E-TTL II Auto Flash, Metered Manual.
– X-sync: 1/250 sec.
– Flash Exposure Compensation: /-3 EV in 1/3-stop increments with EX series Speedlites.
– Flash Exposure Bracketing: Yes, with compatible External Flash.
– Flash Exposure Lock: Yes.
– Second Curtain Synchronisation: Yes.
– Modes: Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual, 3x Custom settings.
– Picture Styles: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, Fine Detail, User Defined (x3).
– Colour Space: sRGB and Adobe RGB.
– Image Processing: Clarity (8 levels), Highlight Tone Priority (2 settings), Auto Lighting Optimizer (4 settings), Long exposure noise reduction, High ISO speed noise reduction (4 settings).
Lens optical correction
– Peripheral illumination correction (stills and video).
– Chromatic aberration correction (stills and video).
– Distortion correction (during or after still photo shooting).
– Diffraction correction (stills and video).
– Digital Lens Optimizer (during or after still photo shooting).
– RAW image processing – during image Playback only.
– Crop images/rotate (3:2, 16:9, 4:3, 1:1, 2:3, 9:16, 3:4 ratios).
– Multiple exposure.
– Drive modes: Single, Continuous L, Continuous H, Self timer (2s remote, 10s remote), S single soft shooting, continuous soft shooting.
– Continuous Shooting: Maximum Approximately 16ps – Max. 20 fps in Live View mode with mirror locked up with exposure and AF tracking.
Live View Mode
– Type: Electronic viewfinder with image sensor.
– Coverage: Approximately 100% (horizontally and vertically).
– Frame Rate: For Stills 29.97 fps/for Movies 59.94 fps/29.97 fps (NTSC) 50.00 fps/25.00 fps (PAL).
– Manual Focus (Magnify the image 5x or 10x at any point on screen).
– Autofocus: Dual Pixel CMOS AF (Face Tracking 1-point AF Expand AF area: Around Large Zone AF: Vertical Large Zone AF: Horizontal).
– Metering: Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor (384-zone) / Partial metering (approx. 5.8% of Live View screen) / Spot metering (approx. 2.9% of Live View screen) / Center-weighted average metering / Active metering time can be changed.
– Display Options: Grid overlay (x3), Basic shooting information, Detailed shooting information, Histogram, Electronic Level.
– Complies with Exif 2.31 and Design rule for Camera File system 2.0
– Complies with Digital Print Order Format [DPOF] Version 1.1
– RAW JPEG simultaneous recording
– Colour Sampling (Internal recording)
– 4K – YCbCr4:2:2 (8-bit)
– Full HD/HD – YCbCr4:2:0 (8-bit)
– 8.3-megapixel JPEG still image frame grab from 4K movie possible
– Focusing: Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Face Detection and Tracking AF, Movie Servo AF Manual Focus
– GPS: Built in – Longitude, Latitude, Elevation, Coordinated Universal Time
– Author, copyright, Image rating (0-5 stars) GPS, Rating, IPTC (registered with EOS Utility/browser remote)
– LCD Panel (EL) / Button Illumination: Yes/Yes
– Water / Dust resistance
– Voice Memo
– HDMI (mini), External microphone (Stereo mini jack) Headphone Jack, RJ-45, N3 remote release terminal, Flash PC connector.
– Supported Operating System: PC- Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (tablet mode not supported)
– Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave) / Mac OS 10.13 (High Sierra) / Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) / OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
Faster than fast. Quicker than quick, some moments are unrepeatable. Gone in a fraction of a second, never to come again. Preserve them forever with the EOS-1D X Mark III, capturing the action at up to 20 fps. Intelligent AF that will blow your mind, capture images with biting clarity and sharpness. Deep learning AF algorithms recognise all kinds of situations and can even track faces hidden by goggles or a helmet. Remarkable quality in poor conditions, a DIGIC X processor and bespoke 20 megapixel sensor are superb in low light – up to ISO 102,400, expandable to 812,600. The EOS-1D X Mark III delivers an outstanding dynamic range.
A formidable filmmaking machine, when it comes to video, the EOS-1D X Mark III fits in to virtually any workflow. Capture full frame 4K 60p, or 5.5K RAW footage that opens up new creative possibilities. Stay connected, stay competitive, whether you’re in an ethernet-equipped stadium, or transmitting pictures for deadline using Wi-Fi, the EOS-1D X Mark III keeps you ahead of the competition. An extension of your creative mind, taking the best from our DSLR and mirrorless cameras, the EOS-1D X Mark III is designed to be tough, reliable and intuitive – as close to invisible as a camera can be.
Fast DSLR performance that takes you closer.