AF-P LENS REALIZES FASTER AND QUIETER AF OPERATION VIA THE ADOPTION OF A STEPPING MOTOR FOR AF DRIVE
A stepping motor is built into the lens contributes to fast AF speed and quiet, smooth focusing operation. As AF-P lenses incorporate a stepping motor, the number of compatible cameras is limited. For compatible cameras, a firmware update may be required.
COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT, DX-FORMAT COMPATIBLE, 4.3X TELEPHOTO ZOOM LENS WITH 70-300MM* FOCAL-LENGTH RANGE AND F/4.5-6.3 MAXIMUM APERTURE
While covering the super-telephoto range up to 450 mm equivalent, the compactness of this lens provides superior mobility, enabling comfortable handheld shooting.
* Angle of view is equivalent to that of a 105-450 mm lens in FX/35mm format.
ONE ED GLASS ELEMENT IS EMPLOYED TO ACHIEVE SATISFACTORY OPTICAL PERFORMANCE FOR ANY USER, RESULTING IN HIGH-QUALITY IMAGES WITH MINIMAL LENS ABERRATIONS
The ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element effectively compensates chromatic aberration while enhancing sharpness and contrast, delivering excellent optical performance even at the maximum aperture throughout the entire zoom range.
VIBRATION REDUCTION (VR) SYSTEM PROVIDES AN EFFECT EQUIVALENT TO A SHUTTER SPEED 4.0 STOPS FASTER (BASED ON CIPA STANDARD*)
Image blur caused by camera shake is effectively reduced by the built-in Vibration Reduction function. The AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR realizes an effect equivalent to 4.0 stops faster based on CIPA Standard*, which is a measurement method of blur-correction effect common to most camera/lens manufacturers.
* When attached to a DX-format digital SLR camera, with zoom set at the maximum telephoto position.
ADOPTING A SETTING SYSTEM USING THE CAMERA MENUS, LENS SETTINGS CAN BE PERFORMED ON THE CAMERA*
The focus mode switch and VR switch that are less frequently used have been eliminated, so AF/MF selection and VR ON/OFF can now be performed with the camera menus, preventing unwanted setting change caused by unintentional switch operation. The status of settings can be confirmed in the information display.
– Type: F-mount, Type G AF-P DX lens with built-in CPU
– Format: DX
– Focal length: 70-300mm
– Maximum aperture: f/4.5-6.3
– Minimum aperture: f/22-32
– Lens construction: 14 elements in 10 groups (including 1 ED lens element)
– Angle of view: 22° 50′ – 5° 20′
– Minimum focus distance: 1.1m from focal plane at all zoom positions
– VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization
– Number of diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
– Diaphragm: Fully automatic
– Metering: Full aperture
– Filter-attachment size: 58mm
– AF-P (Stepping Motor)
– Internal focusing
– Focus mode: Focus mode is determined by the camera focus mode.
– Focus distance indicator
– Focal length scale: Graduated in millimeters (70, 100, 135, 200, 300)
– Zoom: Manual zoom using independent zoom ring