An intuitive user interface means quick access to personalised settings and modes instantly through the i menu. Cleverly laid out touch keys allow you to operate this camera with one hand, even when you’re looking through the electronic viewfinder. Great for flat-lay compositions, vlogging, or even just group selfies, this camera is equipped with a 180° tilting monitor with touch operation, so you can effortlessly capture your preferred compositions. The silent mode feature lets you capture shots without disturbing your subject, perfect for weddings and stage performances. Forget fumbling with buttons or slippery surfaces. Great on the go, the camera is equipped with an ergonomic grip for a firm grasp and easy reach across the buttons. Form meets function with its cutting-edge aesthetics and design, such as the new mode dial that allows you to easily change shooting modes in a heartbeat. Designed with portability and comfort in mind.
Capture your passion with 20.88 million effective megapixels and the EXPEED 6 image-processing engine. Adopting the same hybrid autofocus (AF) system as the Z 7 and the Z 6, the Z 50 comes equipped with one of the first Nikon CMOS sensors that incorporates phase-detection AF. With 2091 AF points covering /-87% horizontally and /-85% vertically of the frame, easily capture moving objects, even at the periphery. For portrait shots where the clarity of the eyes matter, eye-detection AF is available and allows an intuitive selection of the intended eye focus, even when multiple people are within the frame. Whether you’re in a low-light environment, or on a night out, an ISO sensitivity of 51200 for stills, and 25600 for videos will ensure your images come out well lit. Express yourself even further with Creative Picture Control, a mode that offers 20 different creative options to make your stills and films more dynamic.
For the vloggers and the content creators, smoother scenes help to immerse audiences into a three-dimensional world, drawing them further into the story. Capture your videos in 4K UHD with no crop at up to 30 frames per second. Experience full video functionality similar to the Z 7 and Z 6. Easily record in self-portrait mode with touch operation – perfect for vloggers. With the availability of time-lapse and slow-motion, explore a wealth of creative options with minimal need for post-production. Shoot and share your creations seamlessly with SnapBridge 2.6. Enjoy remote shooting and easy transferring of your images and movies to compatible mobile devices for an even more convenient shooting experience.
– Lens mount: Nikon Z mount.
– Image sensor format: DX.
– Image sensor type: CMOS.
– Sensor size: 23.5 mm x 15.7 mm.
– Image Dust Off reference data (requires Capture NX-D).
– Effective pixels: 20.9 million.
– Media: SD, SDHC (UHS-I compliant), SDXC (UHS-I compliant).
– Viewfinder: 0.99-cm/0.39-in. approx. 2360k-dot (XGA) OLED electronic viewfinder with color balance and auto and 7-level manual brightness controls.
– Diopter adjustment: -3 – 3 m(*1).
– Eye sensor: Automatically switches between monitor and viewfinder displays.
– Type: Electronically-controlled vertical-travel focal-plane mechanical shutter; electronic front-curtain shutter; electronic shutter.
– Speed: 1/4000 to 30 s (choose from step sizes of 1/3 and 1/2 EV), bulb, time.
– Flash sync speed: X= 1/200 s; synchronizes with shutter at 1/200 s or slower; Auto FP High-Speed sync supported.
– Modes: Single frame, low-speed continuous, high-speed continuous, high-speed continuous (extended), self-timer.
– Approximate maximum frame advance rate: Up to 11 fps Low-speed continuous: 1 to 4 fps High-speed continuous: 5 fps High-speed continuous (extended): 11 fps.
– Metering system: TTL metering using camera image sensor..
– Exposure compensation: –5 to 5 EV (choose from step sizes of 1/3 and 1/2 EV) available in P, S, A, M, SCN, and EFCT modes.
– ISO sensitivity: ISO 100 to 51200.
– Autofocus system.
– Manual pop-up flash raised via flash pop-up control Guide Number: Approx. 7/22, 7/22 with manual flash (m/ft, ISO 100, 20 °C/68 °F)
– Control: TTL: i-TTL flash control; i-TTL balanced fill-flash is used with matrix, center-weighted, and highlight-weighted metering, standard i-TTL fill-flash with spot metering.
– File format: MOV, MP4.
– Video compression: H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding
– Audio recording format: Linear PCM, AAC
– Audio recording device: Built-in stereo or external microphone with attenuator option; sensitivity adjustable
– Hi-Speed USB with Micro-B connector; connection to built-in USB port is recommended
– Type D HDMI connector
– Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5 mm diameter; plug-in power supported)
Perfect for adventurers, wanderers, foodies and café-dwellers, slip the Z 50 into your bag the next time you go exploring and share your experiences with the world.