Compact body, with dependable dustproof, weather-resistant design for outdoor shooting
This auto flash unit has a compact, well-balanced body ideal for use with PENTAX K-series digital SLR cameras and the smaller, lighter Q-series lens-interchangeable models. Thanks to 18 seals applied in crucial parts of the body including the hotshoe, it features a highly dependable dustproof, weather-resistant construction. When paired with a dustproof, weather-resistant camera body and lens, it assures solid performance, even in harsh outdoor conditions such as rain and dust.
Bounce flash function up to a 135-degree tilt angle
The flash head can be adjusted vertically to 10 different angles (-10, 0, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90, 105, 120 and 135 degrees) for bounce flash operation. By bouncing the flash discharge off the ceiling or wall during indoor shooting, the user can soften the subject’s shadow to create more natural, true-to-life portraiture.
Simplified, dial-access operation
This flash unit features a simplified operating system that lets the user start flash photography instantly by turning the discharge mode dial, which double-functions as the ON/OFF switch. In addition to the OFF position, this dial provides a choice of four discharge modes: P-TTL auto flash with leading-curtain synchronization and P-TTL auto flash with trailing-curtain synchronization, in both of which the flash’s preliminary emission is detected by the camera’s light sensor to accurately control the main discharge level for proper exposure; and manual flash with full discharge and manual flash with 1/4-level discharge.
Built-in wide-angle panel that slides out to cover 20mm angle of view (in 35mm format)
– Type: Clip-on, P-TTL auto flash unit with series control.
– Guide Number: Maximum 20 (ISO 100/m). – In manual mode, two-step adjustment from 1/1 or 1/4.
– Flash duration: (M1/1) flash: Approximately 1/TBD seconds (P-TTL) Fastest duration time: Approximately 1/TBD seconds.
– Recycling time/Total number of flashes : AA Alkaline (LR03) / Recycling time : Approximately 7 sec. / Total number of flashes : Approximately 80.
– Effective flash range: Approximately 0.7m – 8m (Guide No. 20, ISO 100, F/2.0).
– ISO range compatibility: ISO 25 – 1600.
– Flash modes: P-TTL auto (Leading curtain sync, Trailing curtain sync), Manual (FULL, 1/4).
– Flash output compensation Operation from the camera body.
– Flash output setting Manual flash: (1/1, 1/4).
– Flash sync modes Leading curtain sync, Trailing curtain sync.
– Bounce flash Vertical bounce possible, click stops provided, need to release the bounce lock for -10°
Upward: 0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 105°, 120°, 135°
Downward: 0°, -10°
– Red-eye reduction: Operates with autofocus cameras equipped with red-eye reduction feature
– Wide-angle panel: Pull out manually.
– Power source: 2 AAA batteries, (Alkaline (LR03).
PENTAX Pentax pentax AF-201 FG Speedlight Speed-Light Speed flash