Dependable weather-resistant construction for demanding outdoor shooting
With 28 seals applied to crucial parts of the unit body including the hotshoe, these flash units feature highly dependable weather-resistant construction. By coupling one of them with a camera body and a lens that feature the same weather-resistant construction, the user can create a highly reliable weather-resistant digital imaging system that assures solid performance even in harsh outdoor conditions, such as in the rain or at locations subject to splashes and dust.
LED light convenient for movie and still-image recording
Both models incorporate a newly designed, high-intensity fixed-light LED light in their body. This white LED light comes in handy not only for close-distance movie recording, but also for still-image shooting requiring extended exposures. It also functions as a catch light in portraiture and an AF assist light in the dark.*
User-friendly function settings
The user can customize the flash operation by presetting as many as nine different flash functions to their preference, including the on/off of the catch-light function using the LED light and the choice of the flash discharge mode in still-image shooting.
Versatile flash control system
Both models provide a variety of flash discharge modes,** ranging from the advanced P-TTL auto flash mode in which the flash’s preliminary emission is detected by the camera’s light sensor to accurately control the main discharge level for proper exposure, to manual flash, high-shutter-speed synchronization and wireless P-TTL auto flash.
-Bounce flash function, adjustable to angles of -10 to 90 degrees vertically and up to 180 degrees horizontally
-Power-zoom flash to cover angles of view from 24mm to 85mm lenses (in 35mm format)
-Built-in wide-angle panel that slides out to cover 20mm angle of view (in 35mm format)
-Automatic setting of discharge angle in combination with a PENTAX lens-interchangeable digital camera body
-Multi flash emission function available
-Shorter battery recharge time, in comparison to conventional models
– Type: Clip-on, P-TTL auto zoom flash unit with series control.
– Guide Number: Maximum 54 (ISO 100/m).
:In manual mode, nine-step adjustment from M1/1 to M1/256
– Flash duration: (M1/1) flash: Approx. 1/1200 sec. (P-TTL) Fastest duration time: Approx. 1/20000 sec
– Flash Coverage Angle: Auto zoom enabled with autofocus compatible camera and lens combination.
– Color temperature: Daylight
– Effective flash range: Approx. 0.8 m – 8.0 m (Guide No. 45, ISO 100, F/5.6)
– AF spot beam: LED white beam emitted under low light or low-contrast conditions.
:Effective range: Approx. 1m – 7m (According to our testing conditions.)
– ISO range compatibility: ISO 25 – 1600
– Flash modes: P-TTL auto, manual, multi, wireless (P-TTL/Manual)
– Flash output compensation: In P-TTL mode, -4.0 to 2.0 levels (1/3, 1/2 step)
– Flash output setting
:Wireless flash (P-TTL): (1/1➝2/3➝1/2➝1/3)
:Manual flash: (1/1➝1/2➝1/4➝1/8➝1/16➝1/32➝1/64➝1/128➝1/256)
:Wireless flash (Manual): (1/1➝1/2➝1/4➝1/8➝1/16➝1/32➝1/64➝1/128➝1/256)
:Multi flash: (1/4➝1/8➝1/16➝1/32➝1/64➝1/128➝1/256)
:LED beam mode: (Auto➝1/1➝1/2➝1/4➝1/8➝1/16)
– Multi flash: Number of the flash : 2 – 100 / Flash frequency : 1 – 200 Hz
– Flash sync modes: Leading curtain sync, Trailing curtain sync, Contrast control sync, High-speed sync
– Wireless flash: (Control system) Optical pulse transmission
:(Wireless position) Master (M), Control (C), Slave (S)
:(Channels) 1 to 4
:Compatible modes: P-TTL, manual (M)
:Effective range: Approx. 4 m (When set to SL1, According to our testing conditions.)
– Bounce flash: Vertical and horizontal bounce possible, click stops provided, lock provided at 0°.
:Rightward: 0°, 30°, 60°, 90°, 120°, 150°, 180°
:Leftward: 0°, 30°, 60°, 90°, 135°
:Upward: 0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°
:Downward: 0°, -10°
– Red-eye reduction: Operates with autofocus cameras equipped with red-eye reduction feature.
– Wide-angle panel: Slide out manually to cover wide-angle.
– LCD panel illumination button illuminates the LCD panel for about 10 seconds or press the button again to turn it off.
– Power source: 4 AA batteries, (Alkaline (LR6), Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH), or Lithium (FR6)
PENTAX Pentax pentax AF-540 FGZII Speedlight Speed-Light Speed flash