Dustproof, weather-resistant body – The PENTAX K-70 incorporates 100 sealing parts throughout its body, including the LCD monitor, to prevent the intrusion of water and dust into the interior. By pairing it with a PENTAX AW- or WR-series lens, you have a highly dependable imaging system with superb environment-resistant performance.
Outstanding cold-proof performance down to -10°C – Anticipating many users’ needs for photo shooting in extremely cold locations, the PENTAX K-70 was subjected to stringent environmental tests in temperatures as low as -10°C. Its dependable cold-weather performance assures stable, responsive, high-precision operation of mechanisms and circuitry, while minimizing fluctuations in battery voltage, even in freezing locations.
Compact design – Featuring a dustproof, weather-resistant body and a vari-angle LCD monitor, the PENTAX K-70 has also been designed to be compact and maneuverable. By pairing it with one of the compact, lightweight PENTAX-DA-series lenses, you can enjoy outdoor photography more easily and intuitively than ever before.
High-precision autofocusing even at −3EV illumination level – The PENTAX K-70 comes equipped with a dependable, high-sensitivity AF sensor module with nine cross-type sensors in the middle. It captures the subject with great accuracy, even in poorly illuminated locations — as low as -3EV — where even the human eye has difficulty in detecting the subject.
DR (Dust Removal) mechanism – The PENTAX K-70’s image sensor is treated with PENTAX-original SP coating to prevent dust from clinging to the surface. If any dust remains on the surface, the PENTAX-original DR (Dust Removal) mechanism can shake it off using high-speed vibrations, preventing any dust spots from appearing on captured images.
Excellent operability, even with a gloved hand – The newly designed grip assures a firm hold of the camera body, even when wearing gloves. Four buttons of the four-way controller are contoured for easy access and unfailing fingertip operation, even with a gloved hand. The mode dial’s height has been optimized for ease of rotation. The PENTAX K-70 has been designed with meticulous attention to every detail to provide optimum comfort and utmost operability.
– Type: TTL autofocus, auto-exposure SLR digital-still camera with built-in retractable P-TTL flash.
– Lens Mount: PENTAX KAF2 bayonet mount (AF coupler, lens information contacts, K-mount with power contacts).
– Lens: KAF4, KAF3, KAF2 (power zoom not compatible), KAF, KA mount lens.
– Image Sensor: Primary color filter, CMOS. Size: 23.5mm x 15.6mm.
– Effective Pixels: 24MP.
– Dust Removal: SP coating and CMOS sensor operations.
– Sensitivity (Standard output): ISO AUTO/100 to 102400 (EV steps can be set to 1EV, 1/2EV or 1/3EV).
– Image Stabilizer: Sensor-shift Shake Reduction.
– AA Filter Simulator: Moiré reduction using SR unit. OFF/Type1/Type2/Bracket (3 frames).
– File format: RAW (PEF/DNG), JPEG (Exif 2.3), DCF2.0 compliant.
– Live View.
– White Balance.
– LCD Monitor.
– Autofocus System Type: TTL: Phase-matching autofocus.
– Focus Sensor: SAFOX X, 11 points (9 cross type focus points in the center).
– AF Modes: Single AF (AF.S), Continuous AF (AF.C), Auto select AF (AF.A)
– AF Point Selection: Auto-11 points, Auto-5 points, Select, Expanded Area Select, Spot.
– Metering Type: TTL open aperture, 77 segmented metering, center-weighted and spot metering.
– Metering Range: EV0 to 22 (ISO100 at 50mm F1.4).
– EV Compensation: ±5EV (1/2EV steps or 1/3EV steps can be selected).
– Shutter Speed: Auto:1/6000 to 30 sec., Manual: 1/6000 to 30 sec. (1/3EV steps or 1/2EV steps), Bulb (Timed exposure setting possible from 10 sec. to 20min.).
– Built-in Flash: Built-in retractable P-TTL flash, GN: approx. 12 (ISO100/m), Angle of view of 28mm lens (35mm format equivalent).
– Flash Modes: Auto Flash Discharge, Auto Flash Red-eye Reduction (Auto Picture, Scene) Flash On, Flash On Red-eye Reduction, Slow-speed Sync, Trailing Curtain Sync, Manual Flash Discharge (Full-1/128).
– Sync Speed: 1/180sec.
– Flash Exposure Compensation: -2.0 ～ 1.0 EV.
The Pentax / Ricoh K-70: a camera that brings you new experiences, new excitement and new discoveries in beautiful scenery, while helping you to be more masterful in outdoor photography