Standard zoom lens covering most frequently used ranges
This standard zoom lens accommodates the image circle of a 35mm full-frame image sensor, and covers focal lengths between 28mm wide angle and 105mm medium telephoto. By incorporating the latest optics and a number of high-performance optical elements, it retains a sufficient brightness level even at edges of the image field, while effectively compensating for various aberrations. It delivers high-resolution images by optimizing the imaging power of the PENTAX K-1’s approximately 36.4 effective megapixels. Its compact, lightweight body and excellent cost performance make this lens a perfect regular lens for the PENTAX K-1.
Excellent image description, complementing the full-frame digital SLR camera performance
In its 15-element, 11-group optics, this zoom lens incorporates two high-precision aspherical optical elements, one ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass optical element and one anomalous-dispersion glass optical element, to deliver bright, sharp images with minimal chromatic and spherical aberrations. Since its optics is designed to assure ample resolving power for the large, high-pixel image sensor, it produces well-defined, fine-detailed images.
HD Coating to improve image description
This lens is treated with the high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating. Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this PENTAX-original coating assures higher light transmittance and less reflection to deliver bright, high-contrast images that are free of flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight.
Quick-Shift Focus System
This PENTAX-developed system allows for flawless, delay-free switching from autofocus to manual-focus operation, after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system.
This lens features a dependable weather-resistant construction with eight sealing parts to effectively prevent the intrusion of water into the lens interior. Paired with a weather-resistant PENTAX digital SLR camera body, it creates a durable, dependable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting settings — even in rain or mist, or in locations prone to water splashing or spray.
– SP (Super Protect) Coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel water and grease.
– Rounded diaphragm to produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources.
– Built-in DC motor to assure smooth, quiet, high-speed autofocus operation
– Focal Length: 28-105mm
– Equivalent to 35mm format: 43-161mm
– Maximum aperture: f/3.5-5.6
– Minimum aperture: f/22-38
– Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9 / Rounded diaphragm （28mm: F3.5-6.3 105mm: F5.6-10）/ Diaphragm control : Fully Automatic
– Angle of View: 75-23.5° when attached to PENTAX 35mm full-frame SLR cameras / 53-15.5° when attached to PENTAX APS-C size DSLR cameras
– Construction: 15 elements in 11 groups
– Smallest object distance: 0.5m
– Magnification: 0.22x
– Filter size: 62mm
– Mount: KAF3
– HD Coating, SP (Super Protect) Coating
– WR (Weather Resistant)
– DC Motor
– Quick-shift Focus System
PENTAX Pentax / Ricoh RICOH HD D-FA 28-105mm f3.5-5.6 ED DC WR Lens