New-generation, high-performance Star-series lens with large F1.4 maximum aperture
It provides exceptionally high imaging performance even at open aperture, in addition to a beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect and an outstanding image rendition at close ranges. Developed as the first model of the new-generation Star-series lenses, this large-aperture: standard lens boasts an extra-large F1.4 maximum aperture, useful with many different subjects in a range of applications, including portraiture with an effectively defocused background, and handheld shooting of indoor scenes.
State-of-the-art optical technology
The lens is treated with PENTAX-developed Aero Bright Coating Il. By coupling this advanced lens coating with the high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating, this lens effectively reduces flare and ghost images to a minimum even in demanding lighting conditions such as backlighting. By incorporating 3 super-low dispersion glass elements and 1 aspherical element in its optics, it effectively compensates chromatic and spherical aberrations, and produces brilliant, high-contrast images with edge-to-edge sharpness. Minimizing distortion even at a focusing distance of – 1m, it produces crisp, distortion-free images over the entire focusing range, from the minimum focusing distance to infinity.
Dustproof, weather-resistant construction
Developed as an AW (All Weather) model, this lens features a dependable dustproof, weather-resistant structure with eight special seals to prevent the intrusion of water and dust into the lens interior. When paired with a PENTAX weather-resistant digital SLR camera body, it forms a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting settings, even in rain or mist, or at locations prone to water splashes or spray.
Newly developed ring-type ultrasonic wave motor SDM
This lens features a newly developed ring-type SDM (Supersonic Direct-drive Motor), which generates as much as 7.5 times the torque of the conventional SDM installed in existing lenses. Thanks to this enormous driving power, the lens assures a smooth, high-speed shift of the heavy, multi-element rear lens group during focusing operation.
– Nine-blade, round-shaped diaphragm to produce a natural, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect up to F2.8 aperture: setting, while
minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources.
– A minimum focusing distance of 40 centimeters, effective in capturing images with a defocus effect.
– Electromagnetic diaphragm-control mechanism,* for flawless, high-precision exposure control during movie recording.
– SP (Super Protect) coating to keep the front surface free of dust and spots.
– Series: KAF4
– Focal Length : 50mm
– Equivalent to 35mm format: 76,5mm
– Maximum aperture: f/1.4
– Minimum aperture: f/16
– Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9
– Rounded aperture: F1.4-2.8
– Diaphragm Control: Fully automatic
– Angle of View: 47゜(when attached to PENTAX 35mm SLR cameras)
– Construction: 15 elements in 9 groups
– Smallest object distance: 40cm
– Magnification: 0.18x
– Filter size: 72mm
– Mount: KAF4
PENTAX Pentax / Ricoh RICOH HD D-FA 50mm f1.4 SDM AW All Weather lens