You retain complete control of the backlight feature regardless of the mode being used, whether it is flash, ambient or combined.
This full featured meter measures in cord or cordless mode whether for flash or ambient. With shutter speeds up to 1/8000 second, you’ll be able to record sports, nature and other venues with little problems.
The 5 degree spot feature makes shooting far off subjects more precise. When shooting portraits, it will allow you to measure one side of the face against the other. In high contrast arenas, you’ll be able to narrow your exposure beam for a more exact measurement.
It runs on one “AA” battery (not included) which makes battery replacement easily obtainable no matter where you are. With fingertip controls and an easy to read style, this is a lightweight and easy to use meter that will make your photographic jobs easier and more successful.
Note: The Polaris Dual 5 combines all the other features and specifications of the original Polaris and Polaris 2 Meters
- Built-in back light illuminates read-out for easy meter readings in all light situations
- Illumination is independent of all other functions and can be used at any time, in any mode for any duration and will never clear the current reading
- Oversized LCD display shows all data and functions clearly and easily, even at full arm’s length
- Large “analog” (Gas-Gauge Style) Scale for easy fractional measurements
- Unique multi-flash feature makes it simple to calculate how many times the flash must be fired to achieve a desired f/stop
- Custom Program Level Function lets user program meter for under-or-over exposure preferences
- On-command backlight LCD display
- Compact, ultra-thin design. Polaris is less than 1″ thick and weighs just 4 oz
- PC terminal circuitry automatically compensates for flash units with reversed polarity
- 5 degree spot metering capability
- Rotating receptor head
- Contains all other features of the original Polaris Flash Meter
- SPECIFICATIONS :
Measuring System Incident or Reflective Measuring Modes Ambient and flash (cord, cordless) – incident and reflected (35 degrees); 5 degree spot metering Receptor Head Rotating, non-interchangeable Aperture/Shutter Priority Shutter speed priority Display Readout Digital LCD ISO Range 3 to 8000 in 1/3 increments f/Stop Display Range f/0.5 to 90 Shutter Speed – Ambient 1/8000 to 60 sec; total of nine flash sync shutter speed selections available to match the sync speed of virtually any camera Shutter Speed – Flash 1/500 to 1 sec EV Range (ISO-100) EV -4 to 26; Ambient EV: 1-19.9, Flash: f/2-90.9 Cine Speeds Not Applicable Exposure Memory Not Applicable Shadow/Highlight Calculation Not Applicable Brightness Difference Not Applicable Flash to Ambient Ratio Not Applicable Multiple Flash Scale for calculating 2-9 flashes Exp. Compensation Adjustable 0.9EV – -0.9 (in 1/10 stop increments) Power Source 1 “AA” battery (not included), Shows battery level by analog scale after depressing the power button Dimensions 2-9/16 x 5-13/16 x 7/8″ (65 x 148 x 22mm) (WDH) Weight 4.1 oz (115g)